Stijn Lagaert has experience in the fields of biotechnology, pharmaceutical chemistry, plant protection products and fertilizers, as well as food and feed technologies and formulations. His activities include all aspects related to patents, including the drafting and prosecution of European and International applications, providing strategic filing advice and performing patentability and freedom-to-operate studies. He is seasoned in due diligence work, i.e. analyzing and evaluating a third party’s portfolio as well as optimally preparing a client’s patent portfolio for due diligence review. Stijn Lagaert represents clients in defensive and offensive opposition and appeal proceedings before the European Patent Office. He is also an expert in Supplementary Protection Certificates for medicines and agricultural products.
- Droits d'obtenteur
- European and Belgian Patent Attorney
- European Trademark & Design Attorney
- Diploma on Patent Litigation in Europe
- PhD in Bioscience Engineering, University of Leuven (Belgium), 2010
- Master in Bioscience Engineering – Cell & Gene Biotechnology, University of Leuven (Belgium), 2006
- Lagaert, S. (2012). Extending your patent on a new application of an old drug. International Pharmaceutical Industry, 4: 24-28