Pascal has studied bio-engineering and has completed a Ph.D. thesis at the University of Liege (Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech) in fields related to Life Sciences. His technical expertise notably includes Biotechnologies, Pharma and Bio-pharma, Green chemistry, Medical devices and Food industry. He advises you on the patentability of inventions, IP strategy, patent infringement and enforcement, patent validity, and license agreements. He defends you in oppositions and appeals at the EPO, national and international litigations. His clients include national and international corporations, universities and research centers. During his studies, he was involved in a five-year research project, funded by the Walloon Region and conducted in parallel at the University of Liege and the Catholic University of Louvain (Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech and UCL). The work carried out during this research project led to the filing of two European patent applications, which naturally pushed Pascal to move towards the world of Intellectual Property.
- European and Belgian Patent Attorney
- Ph.D. in bio-engineering
- Research Assistant, University of Liège (ULg), Belgium
- Master in bio-engineering, University of Liège (ULg), Belgium
- Graduate in Tropical Agricultural Agronomy, Superior Industrial Institute- ISI Huy, Belgium; International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Benin and Consultative Group on International Agriculture Research (CGIAR), Benin
- Publications (selection) Leroy, P, Schillings, T, Farmakidis, J, Heuskin, S, Lognay, G, Verheggen, F, Brostaux, Y, Haubruge, E, Francis, F, & Joseph, M. (2012).
- Testing semiochemicals from aphid, plant and conspecific: attraction of Harmonia axyridis. Insect Science, 19, 372-382. Leroy, P, Sabri, A, Heuskin, S, Thonart, P, Lognay, G, Verheggen, F, Francis, F, Brostaux, Y, Felton, G, & Haubruge, E. (2011).
- Microorganisms from Aphid Honeydew Attract and Enhance the Efficacy of Natural Enemies. Nature Communications, 2. Leroy, P, Sabri, A, Verheggen, F, Francis, F, Thonart, P, & Haubruge, E. (2011).
- The semiochemically mediated interactions between bacteria and insects. Chemoecology, 21, 1-10. Leroy, P, Wathelet, B, Sabri, A, Francis, F, Verheggen, F, Capella, Q, Thonart, P, & Haubruge, E. (2011).
- Aphid-host plant interactions: Does aphid honeydew exactly reflect the host plant amino acid composition? Arthropod-Plant Interactions, 5, 1-7. Leroy, P, Verheggen, F, Capella, Q, Francis, F, & Haubruge, E. (2010).
- An introduction device for the aphidophagous hoverfly Episyrphus balteatus (De Geer) (Diptera: Syrphidae). Biological Control, 54(3), 181-188. Patents Leroy Pascal, Capella Quentin, Verheggen François, Francis Frédéric and Haubruge Eric (2009).
- Treatment method using biological control. European Patent EP2194777 B1. University of Liege, Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech, Gembloux, Belgium. Leroy Pascal, Sabri Ahmed, Heuskin Stéphanie, Thonart Philippe and Haubruge Eric (2010).
- Attractant and ovipositional stimulant for natural enemies. European Patent Application EP2608665 B1. University of Liege, Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech, Gembloux, Belgium.