Anastasiya has comprehensive experience in life sciences, biotechnology and medical devices. Before joining GEVERS as a patent attorney trainee in 2023, she studied medicine (2010 – 2017), did one year of residency in otorhinolaryngology (2017 – 2018) and obtained a Ph.D. degree in biomedical sciences at the KU Leuven, Belgium (2017 – 2022), which was funded by the FWO grant.
During her Masters, she contributed to multidisciplinary research projects in traumatology, neurosurgery, otorhinolaryngology and endocrinology, and studied for one year at the WWU Münster, Germany. Her doctoral thesis at the research group Experimental Oto-, Rhino-, Laryngology (ExpORL) focused on treatment and diagnosis of the hearing loss, in particular the use of cochlear implants, optical coherence tomography imaging, microCT imaging and 3D printed models.
Anastasiya advises and represents you for the patent landscape of competitors, freedom to operate, patentability of inventions, prosecution, and opposition actions. She handles cases in English and Dutch.
- Patent Engineer
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences
- Medical Doctor
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences, KU Leuven (Leuven, Belgium), 2022
- Master in Medicine, KU Leuven (Leuven, Belgium), 2017
- Bachelor in Medicine, KU Leuven (Leuven, Belgium), 2013
- Starovoyt, A., Pyka, G., Putzeys, T., Balcaen, T., Wouters, J., Kerckhofs, G. & Verhaert, N. (2023). Human cochlear microstructures at risk of electrode insertion trauma, elucidated in 3D with contrast-enhanced microCT. Sci Rep 13, 2191.
- Starovoyt, A., Shaheen, E., Putzeys, T., Kerckhofs, G., Politis, C., Wouters, J., & Verhaert, N. (2023). Anatomically and mechanically accurate scala tympani model for electrode insertion studies. Hearing Research, 108707.
- Kerkhofs, L., Starovoyt, A. (co-first), Wouters, J., Putzeys, T., & Verhaert, N. (2023). Optical Coherence Tomography-Based Atlas of the Human Cochlear Hook Region. Journal of Clinical Medicine, 12(1), 238.
- Starovoyt, A., Quirk, B. C., Putzeys, T., Kerckhofs, G., Nuyts, J., Wouters, J., … & Verhaert, N. (2022). An optically-guided cochlear implant sheath for real-time monitoring of electrode insertion into the human cochlea. Scientific Reports, 12(1), 19234.
- Starovoyt, A. (2022). Optical Coherence Tomography for Image-guided Cochlear Implantation. (Doctoral Thesis)
- Putzeys, T., Starovoyt, A., Verhaert, N., & Wübbenhorst, M. (2021). The Dielectric Behavior of Human ex vivo Cochlear Perilymph. IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, 28(3), 932-937.
- Van Gerven, L., Qian, Z., Starovoyt, A., Jorissen, M., Meulemans, J., van Loon, J., … & Vander Poorten, V. (2021). Endoscopic, endonasal transsphenoidal surgery for tumors of the sellar and suprasellar region: a monocentric historical cohort study of 369 patients. Frontiers in oncology, 11, 643550.
- Starovoyt, A., Putzeys, T., Wouters, J., & Verhaert, N. (2019). High-resolution imaging of the human cochlea through the round window by means of optical coherence tomography. Scientific reports, 9(1), 1-10.
- Van Den Berg, J., Reul, M., Nunes Cardozo, M., Starovoyt, A., Geusens, E., Nijs, S., & Hoekstra, H. (2017). Functional outcome of intra-articular tibial plateau fractures: the impact of posterior column fractures. International Orthopaedics, 41(9), 1865-1873.