Press release. Paris, May 31, 2023.
Since January 2023, the Franco-Belgian Group Gevers has shown that growth and independence can go hand in hand: more than 40 employees of the French entity Gevers & Orès and the Belgian entities Gevers Patent and Gevers Legal have joined forces to buy out the shares of the founding family and to take over the management of the Group. A singularity in an economic environment where mergers of industrial property firms are increasingly based on investment funds.
A governance structure made up of intellectual property experts
Coming from various fields of expertise, lawyers, engineers, paralegals and support functions, these partners and associates with complementary profiles allow the Group to benefit from a synergy of expertise in decision making.
An executive committee has been created to take over from Gaëlle Gevers, the previous CEO. The composition of the Board of Directors has been reshuffled with the mission
French members of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee
Claire Bernstein – Member of the board of directors
Laurent Barbe – Member of the executive committee
As Laurent Barbe points out, “Why this step? When the planets are aligned, you have to be bold and take the plunge. And that’s exactly what we did.
By taking this next step, we can further refine our IP processes and tailor them more specifically to our customers’ needs. We also want to further digitalize our processes, to improve cooperation and communication with our customers. Today, we want to make our expertise and IP advices even more accessible to our customers.”
A Governance to meet the new challenges of intellectual property market
Located at the heart of Europe, with a strong presence in France, Gevers now has a greater capacity to adapt to developments of the European market , such as the digitization of the economy and new litigation methods with the Unitary Effect Patent and the Unified Patent Jurisdiction.
This new dynamism benefits Gevers & Orès. In concrete terms, it will allow :
- Strengthening customer relations
The new tools and the digitalization of processes allow our employees to focus more on their core business, intellectual property consulting.
- Further employees involving employees
The strategy is managed by Group professionals, which allows collaborators to be more closely involved in operations.
All collaborators, whatever their position, can become shareholders if they demonstrate a deep commitment to the Group.
- Continuously improve the quality and development of services
The Group’s strategy, in line with European developments in intellectual property and innovative local business sectors, combined with the expertise of its staff, enable Gevers & Orès to tailor its services to the strategic and commercial challenges of its customers, whatever their size: start-ups, SMEs, multinationals…
See the web page dedicated to the new governance: About – Gevers
- Founded in 1898, the firm’s reputation is based on a long heritage of protecting innovation
- A leader in intellectual property
- Growth in Europe and internationally through the acquisition of various local firms: Adsigna, Bloch, Bonnetat, GLN, Kohn, Martinet & Lapoux, Orès
- 8 offices in Europe including one in Paris and one in Toulouse, one in the United States and one in China
- Expertise: patents, trademarks, domain names, copyrights, designs, intellectual property strategy
- Sales in 2022: 55 million euros
- + 6,000 customers
- 200,000 IP rights under management
- 230 employees, including about 80 in France
Marketing and Communication Manager France
01 53 21 10 81